This page contains links to key reports, materials and sites either relevant to articles written by this blog, or important and beneficial reading in their own right.
- ‘Patients not Profits; How Markets Dehumanise Health’ – by David Gilbert, author of the blog A Better NHS, dealing with the way in which corporatization of health care has a directly negative effect on ensuring the interests of patients are guaranteed to be the main factor in care decision-making.
- ‘At What Cost? Paying the Price for the Market in the English NHS’ – by Calum Patton and produced by the Centre for Health and Public Interest (CHPI); addresses the actual cost of establishing and running the internal market necessary for the tender and auction of NHS contracts.
- ‘A Reorganisation You Can See From Space: the Architecture of Power in the New NHS’ – by Scott Greer, Holly Jarman & Andrew Azorsky, and produced by the CHPI; a comprehensive analysis of the restructuring of NHS executives in England in 2013, following the passage of the 2012 Health and Social Care Act.
- What Are We to Think? – blog written by Charlotte Griffiths; focuses on analysing public and social policy and mainstream thought in the UK.#
This sub-section is a space for information that is not necessarily linked to specific posts of this blog, but is important or worthwhile to our wider ways of thinking.
- ‘Redefining Happiness’ – a short video by Jay Shetty, on redefining the way think and judge what it means to be ‘successful’ and how we should think of happiness.